Mar 20, 2007

Juho Kahilainen - Sleeping With The Lizards (bpitch)

A1. Sleeping With The Lizards
B2. Sleeping With The Lizards (MyMy Remix)
out on april, 30.

Après deux EP sur Adrenogroov, et Initial Cuts (TEKEL, Siskid...), et remixes dont Laurent GARNIER sur f-com/pias, le finlandais Juho Kahilainen rejoint le bpitch team. Aujourd'hui remixé par MyMy (playhouse). Hypnotik deep minimal , garantie !

Juho Kahilainen got introduced to electronic music in 1993 by the Finnish national radioshow by Tapani Ripatti and he has been playing around with beats for fun ever since. His attitude towards himself and his music is more a playful and comical one: “Stupid jokes and making a fool of myself is basically what I am. This attitude is also present in my music. If I don't have fun when I'm producing or performing, why should I keep doing it?”

His release on BPitch Control definately confirms this. “Sleeping with the lizards” is a very playful track with poppy and brittle sounds as well. A synth line, that jumps up and down and around with quite some reverb on it dominates the track. Another synth comes in, sounding like a heavy bass guitar that pushes the track from its housy beginning to a more Techno peak. A great afterhour track for happy mornings!

After the success of their debut album “Songs for the Gentle” My My now did a remix of “Sleeping with the lizards” and did him great justice. Their version keeps the playful mood and adds some trippy elements to it. Known for their happy and playful sound, My My are the for sure the perfect remixers for Juho !

www.myspace.com/juhokahilainen

DISCOGRAPHY JUHO KAHILAINEN

Releases
Out Of Home EP (12"), Adrenogroov 2004
From The Cold EP (12"), Initial Cuts 2005

Remixes
Greed (DVD), F-Communications 2000
Greed - World Wide Re-Works (2x12"), Play It Again Sam (PIAS) 2000
Booty Sez (12"), Elettrica 2005

No comments: